Friday, June 12, 2009

Good morning!

So there I was, early morning, I had a pot of beans on the stove (er, in the crockpot), bread starter smelling yeasty and yummy in its bowl, the "herd" was all fed and I was ahead of schedule! So I went to the garden to pick some tomatoes and herbs and check on the hummingbird feeders. While I was at it I planted a few more sunflower seeds and gave the compost in the bin a quick turn. The drive to work was easy, no emergencies were awaiting me when I got to the office. The weather is beautiful, unseasonably cool for the Valley of the Sun in mid-June. What a great day the Lord has made!

Have you ever been so full of joy and blessings that it all just bubbles over and splashes on everyone around you? That is how I am today! Sure, there are some trials and tribulations in my world, but I choose to count it all joy and today is such a splendid day of joy that I just had to share!

Tonight I will get home from work, mash up some of the beans, chop the tomatoes and lettuce and fix homemade tostadas for dinner, feed the herd again, bake the bread and maybe, just maybe, have some time left over to work on some of my sewing projects.

How are you choosing to spend your day?

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a great day =) PTL!

    Today I am working on my new web page, emailing friends and family and looking forward to getting a bit of artwork done =)

    ReplyDelete