Saturday, May 7, 2011

Happy Mother's Day!

This is a photo of my Grandma, my Mom and me (I'm the one with no hair!).  The Lord called my Mom home when I was 19 years old - actually, barely 19 - she left us 5 days after my 19th birthday, and 3 days before Christmas.  It took me a long time to be able to get through the holidays without feeling bereft.  However, through it all, the Lord has guided my life.  My Grandma and my Mom were the ones who made sure I had a good Christian foundation to build on.  Did I ever stray?  Of course!  I am a human being, after all!  But the Bible tells us "Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it."  Proverbs 22:6

Thank you, Mom and Grandma, for making sure I learned about Jesus' wonderful gift of salvation and for training me up in the way I should go. 

I hope everyone has a wonderful Mother's Day.  Those of you who still have your mothers with you, cherish them!  Make it a point to spend some special time with your Mom. 

Have a blessed day!

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful post and tribute to your grandmother and mother. Happy Mother's Day to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Marlene! I miss them both dearly but am so blessed to have had them in my life!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful indeed, Karin! Wonderful that you were so blessed by them.

    ReplyDelete