Thursday, May 27, 2010

In the Garden Again!

This morning while I was checking the progress of things in the garden (ever on the lookout for tomato hornworms…..I truly despise those nasty things), I heard some rustling in the Hummingbird bush. Ah, I see that one of the kitten seeds has grown and is now invading the rest of the garden!


This is the little guy we have name Taz – he and his two siblings, Sam and Dot, are absolutely fearless. They are also just a teensy bit hard on some of my plants, but oh well, they are so darn cute that I haven’t the heart to admonish them! The “bush” he is invading is actually very tall, and he is about six feet up in this shot!

Now you see why I grow everything in raised beds or else is a very well fenced off area. Although I must admit it has been an uphill battle with the stray and feral cats we care for, not to mention my two dogs – but I have managed to cultivate my little part of the world and everything is coming along quite nicely.



I see the serrano peppers are ready to pick again!  YUM!



And I should have quite a few cherry tomatoes for the salad.....



But I don't think I'll be using the old pot belly stove for any cooking this weekend - good thing I have a komado and a BBQ grill!  Sheesh!  These cats are taking over!  This is Miss Kitty - the matriarch of the strays cats.  She loves to explore and will climb into anything with an open door!

Thank you for walking through my garden with me today!

2 comments:

  1. I took a lovely walk in your garden and was blessed. Come over to my blog and spend a moment or two.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL - great photos of your kitties - made me smile!

    ReplyDelete