Friday, September 11, 2009

Never Forget

As I was driving in to work this morning I reflected back to my drive into work on September 11, 2001. As I was leaving the driveway my husband said that he heard that a “plane had hit a high rise in New York City.” As horrible as that sounded, I could not even begin to imagine what that really meant! As I began my trek I found a radio station that was broadcasting the news and heard, much to my horror, that it was so much more than what I originally thought. Then, as I arrived at the office and turned on the television in our conference room I became even more horrified as I realized that this was no accident – and then watched in stunned amazement as yet another plane flew directly into the other tower.

There are lessons to be learned from this horrific attack and I pray that we will never forget those lessons.

May God bless ~

“If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.” 2 Chronicles 7:14

2 comments: