Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Being Thankful

When life gives you pumpkins, make pumpkin puree!  I am thankful that there were leftover pumpkins from the church Harvest Festival and that no one else wanted to bother with the work of turning them into fresh pumpkin puree, which is what I have been busy with while waiting to get updates on my brother's condition.  I am thankful for the prayer warriors who lifted him up in prayer.  Praise God, he is doing much better and I am thankful for these small signs of recovery.  He is not out of the woods yet, but my sister has promised she will hold her cell phone up to his ear so that I can tell him how much I love him.  So, although I never thought I would say this, I am thankful for cell phones, since there are no land lines in the ICU rooms!  These are only a few of the thankful feelings I have today......how about you ~ what are you thankful for?

1 comment:

  1. I inherited two pumpkins from the Frame & I - it was me or Russ was going to go smash them! Naughty, Russell! I haven't cooked them yet, but I am looking forward to some roasted pumpkin seeds and pumpkin cookies =) mmmmm!

    Praying for Robert! and glad to have the update!

    ReplyDelete